THE BRAND NEW SWING MIRAGE 2 RS
Extended range and better performance, without sacrificing the proven all-round characteristics and nature of the Mirage series – that was precisely Swing’s goal when developing the Mirage 2 RS.
- Extended range and glide performance for extremely steep lines and long swoops
- High stability over the entire angle of attack range, thanks to the new performance profile with RAST®
- Maximum control and precise handling thanks to a new riser concept
Through meticulous R&D over a period of two years, Swing’s development team of passionate speedflying and speedriding pilots, has succeeded in extending the scope of the glide from “extremely steep” to the best glide performance, as well as the usable speed range, while retaining the character and safe feeling of its predecessor.
This is mainly made possible by a new, very stable performance profile, with Nitinol-reinforced leading edge in combination with our patented RAST system, which has been optimally adapted to the Mirage 2 RS.The new, lightweight risers, equipped with Split-A Riser and a C-Bride, give you maximum control and precise steering over the entire trim range.
60% suitable to Speed Flying and 40% suitable to Speed Riding.
The Mirage 2 RS is available in Sizes 8m² Comp, 8.5m², 9.5m², 11m2, 13m², 15m² and 17m² (TWIN)
Colour range: Nightshade | Blueberry | Flash
What speed wing size is suitable for which level:
- Swing Mirage 2 RS Pro/8.5 for very experienced pilots and professionals
- Swing Mirage 2 RS 9.5/11 for advanced pilots, experts. Highly suitable for speed soaring.
- Swing Mirage 2 RS 13/15 for speed soaring, coastal soaring sites, training and novices
Sizes 13 and 15 are the most suitable for novices and training.
The trimmer travel is ideal for speed flying novices. The dampened handling in these larger sizes is very forgiving and is a great help during the learning curve. These sizes are also ideally suited for soaring in strong winds or ground-handling, or for those needing a rapid descent method for hike & fly.
- Mirage RS Plus 17 Twin for speed flying tandem flights
With the extended load test and riser with two hang point heights, the Mirage 2 RS 17 Twin is ideally suited for safe tandem flights and also for heavier speed flying / speed riding novices.
IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ BEFORE PLACING AN ORDER
Please note that ALL Swing are shipped ex New Zealand & Australia. If you are not a current SKIANDFLY customer and located outside of Australia or New Zealand, please contact us prior to placing your order as distributor regulations may apply for your country.